I am having one of those days where I cannot think of anything I feel like writing about, and I am convinced that I will never again have anything to write about. So, rather than simply submitting to the mush that is between my ears at the moment, I will give myself a few minutes to do a bit of stream of consciousness, at your expense of course.
1. 24. I thought I was the only person in the United States who has never watched â€œ24â€ on television. Funny thing is that I said that to four people I was having lunch with and three of them had never watched “24” either. That made me feel better.
2. The Sunday Blowhards. This past Sunday I tried to watch Meet the Press, <,I>The Chris Matthews Show (whatever itâ€™s called) and The McLaughlin Group. Big mistake. I thought I might need an ambulance.
4. Sock Drawer. It wasnâ€™t easy, but I finally threw away my olive drab Army socks (the ones that I wore under my combat boots). I figure they have been sitting my one of my dresser drawers unworn for thirty-five years, so maybe it was time. Iâ€™ve been to blogmeets where I tell peeps, â€œI have socks older than you.â€ I donâ€™t know what Iâ€™ll tell them now.
5. College Sweatshirt. I also threw away a college sweatshirt that is older than my Army socks. Boola boola.
6. Department of Irony. Scooter Libby is on trial for not being able to remember stuff and Hillary is running for President. What a country.
7. Nostalgia. I feel like taking a ride to the town where I grew up, and cruising around a bit, just for the hell of it. I donâ€™t know why I donâ€™t do it, because itâ€™s only about twenty minutes away. Maybe Iâ€™m afraid that Iâ€™ll be bummed out by the changes. Then again, maybe Iâ€™m just farookinâ€™ lazy.
8. My High School German Teacher. I wonder if sheâ€™s still alive. Sheâ€™d be pretty old by now. I wonder if she met me would she still say, â€œWhat the hell is wrong with you?â€
9. Political Fatigue. This week I have been Hillaryâ€™d and Obamaâ€™d damned near to death. Thereâ€™s nowhere to hide.
10. Techno-Revelation. I learned that I can take pictures with my cell phone and send them to my e-mail address. I figure that by next year Iâ€™ll be ready to hook up a DVD player.
That is all.