1. It pisses me off that there are so many French words in American crossword puzzles. No, I donâ€™t speak French, nor do I care to. Some think spoken French sounds beautiful. I think it sounds like someone vomiting. I also donâ€™t appreciate it that every damned crossword puzzle contains a â€œRiver in Africaâ€ clue. I donâ€™t know any goddamned African rivers. Farookinâ€™ things are probably loaded with alligators anyway.
2. Tonight I went to a local restaurant and had one of the â€œChefâ€™s Specials.â€ It was a hubcap-sized plate full of meatballs, sausages, peppers and onions all covered with lashings of Italian tomato sauce (a/k/a â€œred gravyâ€ — sauce made with meat). It came with a side order of capellini covered with marinara sauce. Iâ€™ve never been to North Dakota, but I have a feeling I wouldnâ€™t be able to get that meal there.
3. Seeing as how New Jersey produces lots of cranberries, and seeing as how Iâ€™m a lifelong Garden Stater, I thought it only fitting that I buy a bottle of cranberry wine, so I did. I havenâ€™t worked up the nerve to try it yet (sounds like something to which one should add vodka), but when I do, Iâ€™ll let you know how it worked out.
4. I see that Rosie Oâ€™Donnell will be returning to television. Yet further proof that this country is in the shitter.
5. I really need a new mouse pad, but it turns out that needing a new mouse pad is akin to needing new shoe laces: the only time you remember that you need new shoe laces is when you tie your shoes.