From the mailbag:
Notice to All Employees
As of November 5, 2008, when President Obama is officially elected into office, our company will install a few new policies which are in keeping with his new, inspiring themes of change and fairness:
1. All salespeople will be pooling their sales bonuses into a common pool that will be divided equally among all of you. This will serve to give those of you who are underachieving a â€œfair shake.â€
2. All low level workers will be pooling their wages, including overtime, into a common pool, dividing it equally amongst yourselves. This will help those who are â€œtoo busy for overtimeâ€ to reap the rewards from those who have more spare time and can work extra hours.
3. All top management will now be referred to as â€œthe government.â€ We will not participate in this â€œpoolingâ€ experience because the law doesn’t apply to us.
4. The â€œgovernmentâ€ will give eloquent speeches to all employees every week, encouraging its workers to continue to work hard â€œfor the good of all.â€
5. The employees will be thrilled with these new policies because it’s â€œgood to spread the wealth.â€ Those of you who have underachieved will finally get an opportunity; those of you who have worked hard and had success will feel more â€œpatriotic.â€
6. The last few people who were hired should clean out their desks. Don’t feel bad though, because President Obama will give you free healthcare, free handouts, free oil for heating your home, free food stamps, and he’ll let you stay in your home for as long as you want even if you can’t pay your mortgage. If you appeal directly to our Democratic congress, you might even get a free flat screen TV and a coupon for free haircuts (shouldn’t all Americans be entitled to nice looking hair?) !!!
[The haircut thing caught my eye.]
Thanks to Gerry.