I swiped this from Bogie. I have no reason to believe that anyone will lose sleep wondering, “Yo, what kind of stuff has Jimbo done? Or not done?” But, the exercise required a bit of reflection, some of which tweaked old memories – mostly good.
So, here goes:
Have I ever:
1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink–Definitely
2. Swam with wild dolphins–I usually “swim” with the Usual Suspects, and it can get pretty wild.
3. Climbed a mountain–More like a big hill, when I was a Boy Scout.
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive–No. I prefer big, fat, black capitalist cars.
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid–No and as long as it remains in Egypt (which I suspect it will), I won’t be visiting.
6. Held a tarantula–No, but if I had to choose between that and a holding a crab, bring on the eight-legger.
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone–I don’t believe so.
8. Said “I love you’ and meant it! –Absolutely.
9. Hugged a tree–No, nor have I ever worn Birkenstocks, thank you very much.
10. Bungee jumped–No, and I have no plans to do so.
11. Visited Paris–See previous answer.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea–Yes and once from a plane. Yowza!
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise–Yes, many, many times.
14. Seen the Northern Lights–No, but I’ve seen plenty of traffic lights.
15. Gone to a huge sports game–Yes – Yankee Stadium (many times), Shea Stadium (once) and to the Meadowlands to watch a football game and froze my stindeens off.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa–No, but I did walk a spiral stiarcase to the highest point in this building.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables–Yes. Jersey tomatoes are the best. Must be all that dioxin.
18. Touched an iceberg–No, but I like Iceberg vodka.
19. Slept under the stars–Yes, if sleeping in a tent counts.
20. Changed a baby’s diaper–Yes, indeed. Reminds me of a funny stoy (future blogfodder)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon–No, but I’ve known more than few hot air people.
22. Watched a meteor shower–Dammit, I missed the one last week. Too much vodka.
23. Drunk champagne–Yes, but for the past several years I’ve stuck to its American cousin from California.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity–No, but I’m pretty good at giving what I can afford.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope–Don’t own one.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment–Yes, many, many times.
27. Had a good fight–One or two, in my yoot.
28. Bet on a winning horse–Yes, but rarely, very rarely.
29. Asked out a stranger–No. Too shy. Really.
30. Had a snowball fight–Yes. It’s part of growing up in Jersey.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can–Yes, but not in anger.
32. Held a lamb–Not a live one, not that I ever held a dead one either.
33. Seen a total eclipse–I don’t think so. Besides I can never get the solar and lunar thing right.
34. Ridden a roller coaster–Yes. I like the front seat the best.
35. Scored a winning goal–If horseshoes counts, yes. Ken, my bodyguard, and I regularly trounce two of the Usual Suspects who actually think they can throw shoes. Feh!
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking–Yes, often.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day–No, unless Jerseyspeak counts.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment–Yes, often. Thankfully.
39. Visited all 5 continents–No. Although I’ve been to Europe, I’d rather see Montana before I mess around with other continents.
40. Taken care of someone who was drunk–Ha! I’ve been a care giver and a care receiver.
41. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country–Probably, but it was a long time ago.
42. Watched wild whales–No, unless surfing past “The View” counts.
43. Stolen a sign–Yes, and fortunately the statute of limitations has long since run.
44. Backpacked–Yes. In the Boy Scouts, we called it hiking, and in the Army we called it “forward, march”.
45. Taken a road-trip–Yes, but in Jersey, we consider anything farther than ten miles to be a road trip.
46. Gone rock climbing–No, and you can rest assured that I never will.
47. Midnight walk on the beach –Of course.
45. Gone sky diving–See answer to no. 46.
49. Taken a train through Europe–I’ve taken trains in Europe, but not through Europe. [Note to self: Yo, Jimbo. Lighten up. These are not interrogatories, fer Chrissake.]
50. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love–Yes. Ridding one’s self of heartbreak is like trying to eradicate a Plantar’s wart.
51. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table, and had a meal with them–Not on purpose.
52. Milked a cow–No, and I’m sure I’d hurt the poor thing. Besides, cows are really big.
53. Alphabetized your CDs–ALWAYS!
54. Sung karaoke–I can sing some kickass karaoke.
55. Lounged around in bed all day– No, except if having flu counts.
56. Gone scuba diving–Snorkeled once, and that was enough, thank you. I really don’t need to see what is swimming around in the water with me.
57. Kissed in the rain–I probably have, but I’m not sure.
58. Gone to a drive-in theatre–Yes, often in my yoot. Sometimes I even put the speaker in the car.
59. Started a business–Yes, if a band counts as a business.
60. Taken a martial arts class–No. It would mess up my hair.
61. Been in a movie–No, but I’m hoping that someone makes a movie called, “Garden State Knuckleheads”. I figure I’d have a shot.
62. Crashed a party–No. At least I don’t remember ever doing that.
63. Gone without food for 5 days–No, but I ought to consider it.
64. Gotten a tattoo–See answer to no. 46
65. Got flowers for no reason–No, but I got slugged once for no reason.
66. Performed on stage–Yes, a zillion times.
67. Been to Las Vegas–Yes, back when Howard Hughes was still alive and being nuts.
68. Recorded music–Yep. Made a couple records, which have been relegated to the distbin of history.
69. Buried one/both of your parents–Both.
70. Been on a cruise ship–Yes, quite a few times. Always with the Usual Suspects.
71. Spoken more than one language fluently–Yes, reasonably fluently, but I’ve lost much of it, weil ich habe keiene Gelegenheiten deutsch zu sprechen.
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over–Yes, courtesy of the U.S. Army.
73. Walked a famous bridge–I’ve driven over several and walked across a few not so famous ones.
74. Had plastic surgery–No. It wouldn’t help.
75. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived–If one answers “no” to this question, does that mean that the person answering the question did not survive? WTF?
76. Written articles for a large publication–Wrote a Law Review article once, but my blog probably has more readers, which says more about the Law Review than it does my blog.
77. Tried to lose weight seriously–Oh, yes. I’ve tried it jokingly many times as well.
78. Been in the military–Yep.
79. Read a good book–One or two.
80. Piloted an airplane–I have a hard enough time navigating horizontal planes. Having to also worry about “up” and “down” (especially “down”) is something I ought not do.
80. Petted a stingray–Crikey! See answer to no. 46.
81. Broken someone’s heart–I hope not.
82. Broken a bone–Yes, once, and I don’t recommend it.
83. Eaten sushi–See answer to no. 46. It’s raw goddamned fish, people.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper–Yes. I had forgotten about it, but Cousin Jack sent it to me a year or so ago.
85. Parasailed–No, but after a few cocktails, I might consider it.
86. Skipped all your school reunions–I went to one, which is the reason I’ve skipped the rest..
87. Shaved your head–OMG, no! Oh….the humanity!!! The Army did it for me once, though.
88. Caused a car accident–Yes, but when it happened, I was minding my own business on the sidewalk. A girl who sorta liked me in high school waved at me from the car and smacked into the guy in front of her. The Great Farookin’ Hair strikes again!
89. Pretended to be “sick”–Yes, in my yoot, and often on Mondays and Fridays.
90. Swam in the Pacific Ocean–Yes, in Hawaii.
91. Saved someone’s life–I believe I did. It was a Heimlich thing.
92. Fainted–Yes, although, under the circumstances, it would be better referred to as “passing out”..
93. Been in the room while someone is giving birth–No, but I went the distance in the labor room. Oy!
94. Hitchhiked–Yes a couple times as a kid (not smart) and once while in uniform (got a ride right away).
95. Adopted a child–No.
96. Been caught daydreaming–In high school, daydreaming was my major.
97. Been to the Painted Desert–No. I believe that that is somewhere west of Camden, no?
98. Called off a wedding engagement–Nope.
99. Become a follower of Jesus Christ–Huh?
100. [There was no number 100. I wonder why.]